Following the aftermath of the 5 day storm Desmond in 2015, ACE were employed by Pladis Global to protect Carrs Biscuit Factory in Carlisle. ACE…
Fish Friendly Flapvalves-Flood defence without compromising fish migration
- Natural fish movement, with reliable flood defence
- Quick and Easy to install
- Lightweight yet robust
- Low head losses
- Virtually maintenance free
As flapped outfalls often pose a barrier to fish migration, particularly at the point of entry from the sea, ACE offer a range of Fish Friendly Flapvalves to provide a window of opportunity for fish and eels to migrate naturally without compromising flood defence.
ACE Fish Friendly Flapvalves offer the same benefits as the standard flapvalve range, and integrate float regulated portals to allow a small opening for fish to use as the tide turns, which then close before a critical water level is reached.
Depending on application, ACE offer three main types:
- ACE Fish friendly “Pet” flap- main river, low wave action
- ACE Reset Fish friendly flap- tidal applications
- ACE side hung doors– various applications