KOAS Weir Penstocks- Level control, isolation or undershot
- Quick and Easy to install
- Lightweight yet robust
- Virtually maintenance free
- Quick isolation of plant for maintenance
- Various mounting arrangements
- Low torque to operate
ACE KOAS Weir Penstocks are available in a number of forms, tailored to your requirements. The penstocks are manufactured in Stainless Steel 316L, making them lightweight for ease of handling and installation, without compromising strength.
The ACE KOAS Weir Penstock comprises a sluice gate that seals at the bottom, to allow water to flow over it’s crest when closed, or under-shoot when opened, making it ideal for:
- Quick isolation of plant for dewatering
- Penning of water to a known level
- Water level and/or flow control
- Flushing of silt
KOAS Weir Penstocks are available for wall mounting, either to a single face, or to channel walls, or for rebate fixing (which requires grout). Even where grouted, installation remains a quick and simple process, using fixings supplied with the KOAS weir penstock.
Once installed, ACE penstocks require very little attention, as greasing is not required in most cases, and the construction of the penstock gate is self-aligning, with no fiddly wedges, and an integrated EPDM seal.
The KOAS Weir Penstock is available as standard with either a single, central spindle (KOAS I) or twin spindles (KOAS II) to prevent crabbing, or to reduce snagging of floating debris. In both cases, this can be replaced with rising spindles, rack and pinion drives, or hydraulics, and in all cases, the equipment can be manually driven, or electrically operated, along with automation if desired.
Although ACE have a range of standard designs of KOAS Weir Penstock, our penstocks can be customised to suit specific requirements, either to adhere to particular specifications, or to save complicated construction, or modification to existing structures.
For more information on our previous penstock projects, please see our case studies.
ACE also supply a variety of other KWT weir penstocks and weir structures, for water level management, isolation and fine flow control. Please click here for more details:
- KOS Weir penstock (overshot, fine control)
- DKOS Double leaf weir Penstocks (fine level control and flushing action)
- KKS Tilting Weirs
- KKS-PE Tilting Weirs
- KSU Pre-cast tilting Weirs
As with all ACE equipment, we have a wide range of standard penstock designs for quick dispatch, however we pride ourselves on our ability to tweak designs to specific requirements, or to use our wealth of experience to provide a fully tailored, value engineered solution. Please see our case studies and tailored solutions for more details of our capabilities.
Penstock feature options: (Standard, on request)
- Non rising spindles, Rising spindles, Hydraulic cylindesr, rack and pinion
- Face wall mounting, Side wall mounting, rebated, custom design
- Stepped invert, Flush invert, grouted invert
- Manual operation, Actuator, Hydraulic Cylinder
Pedestal and Handwheel