WE ARE RECRUITING – Site Operative / Mechanical Fitter
Site Operative / Mechanical Fitter
Full time, permanent, Based at ACE HQ and across the UK site work
Aquatic Control Engineering (ACE) Ltd are recruiting for a Site Operative with experience in mechanical fitting, whilst leading a team with supervision experience, to join the busy Operations team.
Aquatic Control Engineering work on large projects as sub-contractor to the main contractor working under CDM Regulations.
This role includes working as part of the Operations team at different site locations across the UK and Ireland. The role will be responsible for ensuring items are assembled in house and delivered and installed on site, using the correct tools and equipment, in line with health and safety regulations and in-house policy and procedures.
The site operative is responsible for working to all health and safety regulated guidelines and paperwork, to that specific job working with both the customer/client and ACE specific Project Managers.
The candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience working within the utilities or construction industry, adhering to Health and Safety requirements, regulations and policy with a mechanical fitting key skills.
This role includes working away from home and travel Monday – Friday therefore must be flexible to work across the UK and Ireland, whilst also maintain a professional work ethic representing Aquatic Control Engineering.
Job Role, duties and responsibilities
- Delivery of specific project related works, providing installation of specific ACE products
- Assembly of ACE products ready for shipment / installation, liaising with the project and ACE team
- To be responsible for communication with the ACE team key members involving installation works; Installation Manager, Project manager, Warehouse Supervisor
- Assessment of risks and completing paperwork relating to site works such as HAVS records, Site diaries, whilst adhering to Risk Assessment Method Statements
- Problem solving and working with the customer / client to find solutions during onsite works
- Understand drawings and specifications to the industry standards
- To ensure all works are completed to the highest possible standards
- Reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses when at work
- Maintain tools and equipment to health and safety requirements and ACE procedures
- Taking delivery of goods and supplies into Warehouse when working at ACE HQ and not on site
Essential Requirements & Key Skills
- Mechanical Fitting
- 1-2 years operational working experience within utilities and infrastructure industry
- Professional approach to health and safety requirements
- Excellent verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to health & safety
- Ability to assess risks
- Ability to work away from home Monday – Friday
- Full UK Clean driving licence
Desirable Requirements of specific Health and Safety related qualifications
- CDM Regulations
- Confined Spaces
- Working at Heights
- Abrasive Wheels
- Electrical installation knowledge
- Hydraulic experience
- First Aid Certificate
It is desirable to have further operative and H&S qualifications such as PUWER, MEWP, Forklift, CDM regulations