WE ARE RECRUITING – Estimator; Proposals Engineer
Estimator; Proposals Engineer
Full time, permanent
0830 – 5pm
Based at ACE HQ,
Aquatic Control Engineering are looking for an Estimator, Proposals Engineer to join the Sales team, providing our customers with accurate, technical, fully costed proposals and quotations.
Aquatic Control Engineering are a leader within their sector, supplying turnkey mechanical and electrical solutions for water management, flood defence and environmental services. The Company’s focus lies within water flow control products (valves, pumps, sluice gates) fish friendly land drainage pumps and fish migration solutions.
The Estimator; Proposals Engineer will work within the Internal and External Sales team reporting to the Sales Director on all proposals, bid writing and development of estimation works. The key focus of this role is to ensure customers receive detailed, accurate and specific quotations/tender responses, that meet both their own and ACE business needs; these cover all aspects of potential works on award, with the role acting as a link to the Sales team and Projects team.
Main Responsibilities and Duties of this role include
- To produce accurate quotations that include margins, materials, labour and other associated costs
- To assist with the development of new content from first principles, then on demand, by tender / quotation
- To work with the internal and external sales team to determine the commercial requirements, the win strategy and key themes for the proposal, ensuring that the agreed themes are consistently articulated throughout a well structure, persuasive and professional document
- To ensure customer requirements are met in a timely, concise and professional manner whilst maintaining and developing new customer relationships
- Reviewing costs, mark ups, risks, margin with the Sales team to ensure ACE remain competitive and successful win orders
- To work with Projects, Technical and Commercial leads to determine the specific technical requirements and financial objectives to ensure timely, cost effective and technically sound proposals that meet ACE customer requirements and Specifications
- To work with both internal ACE departments key supply chain to obtain correct cost estimates
- Assisting with complex tenders creating responses that cover a wide range of supporting documentation (Accreditations, financial and technical capabilities.)
- Confident and excellent communication
- Technical (understanding of drawings), financial and commercial awareness
- Recognise and understand key margin requirements
- Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to manage workloads by prioritising and meeting deadlines
- Ensure they have a professional manner
Must have previous experience of tendering and proposal preparation in engineering services, technical design environments.