WE ARE RECRUITING – Contracts Manager (Commercial, Projects)
Contracts Manager (Commercial, Projects)
Full time, permanent
0830 – 5pm
Based at ACE HQ,
A new and exciting opportunity; Aquatic Control Engineering are looking for a Contracts Manager to join it’s successful, thriving business.
Aquatic Control Engineering are a leader within their sector, supplying turnkey mechanical and electrical solutions for water management, flood defence and environmental services. ACE predominantly supply to the Environment Agency as the end user, the EA work with a number of private partners through key frameworks. The Company’s focus lies within water control products (valves, pumps, sluice gates) fish friendly land drainage pumps and fish migration solutions. With both Quality and Environmental solutions, ACE has gained an exceptional reputation over its 25 years within the industry.
The successful candidate will be professional, tenacious, dynamic and confident in their personality and approach.
- Leading the projects delivery team working with project managers on a day-to-day basis
- Lead the projects team to deliver projects on time, within budget whilst meeting cost and customer standard
- Manage commercial aspects such as works re-measurement, variations and dispute resolution to ensure timely client payment
- Be responsible for ensuring delivery on overall project delivery KPI
- Report to the Managing Director on project work in progress, commercial risks and opportunitie
- Attend pre-let and project handover meetings to allow leadership on commercial obligation
- Commercially manage subcontracts for project delivery from agreement with Sales Manager
- Provide monthly reports on project progress, financial performance and risk.
- Strong commercial and financial understanding with experience applying this to gain favourable results
- Knowledge of contracts commonly used in Industry (NEC, JCT)
- Awareness of regular/normal industry issues (In construction, Mechanical Fitting)
- Able to maintain Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised
- Good negotiation skills
- Effective people management
- Ability to take ownership of projects whilst having the backing of a supportive team and working closely with the Managing Director and Sales Director
- Strong contractual and legal knowledge to ensure all necessary notices are served promptly and the company’s position is safeguarded
- Excellent analysis and reporting skills to inform decision makers
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
A minimum requirement of 3 – 5 years of contracting experience is essential.