WE ARE RECRUITING – Project Manager (M&E)
Project Manager (M&E)
Full time, permanent
0830 – 5pm
Based at ACE HQ,
Working within the Projects team at Aquatic Control Engineering (ACE). The Project Manager will be responsible for the smooth delivery of our bespoke projects and installations around the UK. Ensuring positive communication, managing key relationships with existing customers and targeting specific areas of the project delivery.
Aquatic Control Engineering predominantly supply to the Environment Agency as the end user, the EA work with a number of private partners through key frameworks, the Projects Manager will be responsible for both maintaining and growing key business relationships in both public and private sectors.
The role of the project manager will be to ensure projects are delivered in a timely, professional and cost-effective manner, utilizing strong leadership and communication skills to ensure key milestones are brought together. The individual will be able to deliver the required outcomes overcoming difficulties and finding solutions to benefit both ACE and our customers.
Travel to and from site visits and customer meetings will be required which will include UK and some occasional International travel (Europe only).
Main Responsibilities and Duties of this role include
- Achieve high performance on all project aspects, including maintaining operational and budgetary margins and producing accurate forecasts and reports
- Creating detailed project plans to ensure a successful execution throughout
- Lead and motivate improvements in individual and business / systematic project delivery
- Risk planning and Health and Safety understanding
- To be able to communicate in a confident and professional manner
- To be able to showcase leadership skills confidently
- To be able to resolve conflicts and deal with stressed relationships in a professional manner.
- Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to manage workloads by prioritising and meeting deadlines
- Knowledge and commercial awareness to enable decision making
- Good control of project cash flow, production of accurate forecasting and reporting
- Ability to work under pressure, analyse problems and deliver solutions
- To have a shared interest and understanding in engineering and/or mechanical fields
- Flexibility to work across the UK and travel
M&E project management, delivering projects with multiple stakeholders, contracts management. 3-5 years’ experience is desirable.
No specific qualifications are required, applicable qualifications within a project management or engineering field such as Prince 2 are desirable.