The Siphon Fish Ladder is an innovative fishway from the Netherlands, which can be applied to facilitate fish passage at any watercourse obstruction and structures…
- Reduce build time, cost and risk
- Tailor made to your requirements
- Proven technology with modern materials
Construction works within watercourses are fraught with costly dewatering, risk of pollution and potential injury, often posing logistical challenges. This often leads to either high capital cost or even compromise on solutions due to commercial limitations, or even sites being deemed un-viable- this is where ACE can assist.
ACE offer a wide range of pre-fabricated fish passage equipment to alleviate site costs and logistical challenge, increasing the possibilities and reducing hassle. Whether a complete new structure, or upgrading older systems, ACE have options available that save time on site, reduce construction cost and avoid risk.
Common types include:
- HDPE Larinier tiles
- Often, individual Larinier baffles are fitted to sloping structures, however they require a large amount of fixings, and have to be set out very accurately to function correctly. ACE Larinier tiles incorporate up to 5 correctly spaced baffles in one tile, removing two thirds of the fixings required. Once the first tile is set out, the others follow on without any further measurement. In all, fitting time is vastly reduced, as are risks such as hand arm vibration and dust inhalation.
- Pre-fabricated Larinier/Alaskan A Passes
- Particularly for new structures, fish passes include a lot of in-channel concrete work, so the benefits of off-site construction are clear. ACE offer a range of fabricated fish passes, built in sections to allow safe handling and quick assembly, in materials such as HDPE, Aluminium, GMS and Composites.
- FFI Siphon Fish pass
- The ultimate in fish pass technology, bringing together pool and traverse fish passage into a siphon to allow control of flow rate. This makes the fish pass ideal for all species of fish, with comparatively low build cost compared to heavy-civil structures.
All fish pass technology offered by ACE can incorporate eel and lamprey passage as required, and conforms with the Environment Agency fish pass manual. ACE are also happy to assist with the approval process as part of fish pass packages, providing full survey and design using high-tech 3d modelling for clear visuals and accurate dimensions.
ACE also offer a range of fish friendly pumps, and also fish friendly intake protection. Please see our case studies for more details of recent fish pass works, or contact us if you wish to discuss your requirements further.